Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Feel Like A Millionaire

My husband read this book called "The Millionaire Next Door." Basically, it said those who had assets of a million or more rarely lived conspiculously but drove older cars, did not live in mcmansions, and frequently shopped at Walmart. Well, if shopping at Walmart means you are a millionaire, count me in. We shop every couple of weeks at our local Walmart, stocking up on essentials and dry goods. I don't get meat or produce there as I can find better quality (and sales) at my local Publix. However, whenever we shop at Walmart and we find some cheap new thing, my husband exclaims, "I feel like a millionaire." In order to enhance our happy glow, we now combine lunch out with our Walmart excursion. There is a McDonald's in our Walmart and while hubby is checking out, I run over and buy something off their dollar menu. Usually I get myself a plain hamburger (.79) and my husband gets a double cheeseburger (1.19). While we eat our lunch in the parking lot, we grin and feel we have really joined the ranks of the elite.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, even I'm not desperate enough to eat their dollar menu.

    ReplyDelete