Saturday, March 28, 2009

Too Depressed About the Depression

I have been particularly blue about the economy and the shenigans in Congress to feel like writing lately. But now I've been reading "One Second After" reviews and it has jogged me out of my apathy. According to this new book, some kooky country like North Korea or Iran will get hold of an electro magnetic pulse bomb and set two or three off in our atmosphere instantly stopping all things depending on electricity. One second after detonation, planes will drop from the sky, cars made after 1970 won't run, heat and electricity are gone which also means water from our sewer system. In addition, most communities have less than 30 days of food in the grocery stores so starvation looms. So I guess my plans to start a garden in the backyard seem timely but I don't know what to do about water. And, since I am squeamish about killing things, I guess I'll have to go vegetarian. Better go out and buy a few chickens for eggs, too.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to add...at least I am not worried about the Dow Jones Index anymore.

    ReplyDelete