Monday, October 19, 2009

Spicing Up Armaggedon

What's worse than a Depression? Why, the end of the world of course. I saw a trailer for the new movie 2012 which is based on a Mayan myth that the world will end in December 2012. The special effects have haunted me. Another new TV show is Fast Forward, a sci fi fantasy about predestination. Its my understanding that this show is somehow connected to the gigantic collider thing that makes "god particles" that some predict will blow up the earth if it works. Some scientists have come up with the novel notion that something from the future keeps coming back to break the thing so that they can save the planet. I am channeling the Terminator or something.
Anyways, in order to quit dwelling on doom and disaster, today I will review another affordable lunch place on Buford Highway, Little Szechuan. I have been going to this authentic szechuan place for years. While more recent reviews say it has gone downhill, I disagree. I just think it is less than novel so others have moved on to the latest new fad. If you stick with the Szechuan dishes, you will not be disappointed. Lunch always starts with a plate of cold pickles which include sesame flavored bean sprouts, cabbage and turnips. Lunch also includes soup and an eggroll but the best are the large family sized portions of food big enough for sharing with your dining companions. I like the dumplings in hot oil, too, when splurging. For entrees my favorites include the hot pepper chicken, a spicy dish of hot jalapeno or some other hot green pepper, snow peas, nappa cabbage and chicken. Another favorite is the pork with hard tofu and chinese celery. All the tofu dishes, mapu tofu, shredded pork on tofu, are winners, too. I always order food extra spicy. I think they keep a spare Hadron collider in the kitchen to smash a few ingredients into Szechuan god particles.

Little Szechuan
5091 Buford Highway
Chamblee-Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment